As the month of March, also Women's History Month, almost comes to an end– it seems fitting to take look a closer look at how women are shaping the restaurant industry. Often this industry acts as the launching pad for individuals, specifically women, either they start serving tables and continue in the restaurant business or apply this valuable experience in a different field.
So let's take a look at some of the facts about women in the restaurant space-
- One in three women get their first job in a restaurant
- 60% have worked in a restaurant
- 92% of those woman who have worked in a restaurant believe it is a good place to get a first job.
- 45% of restaurant managers are women
- More than 50% of restaurants are owned by women
* all the above is according to the National Restaurant Association
And here are some of the notable leading ladies:
Kat Cole, Cinnabon President and COO
Elizabeth Smith, Bloomin' Brands CEO (Parent company of Outback Steakhouse, Bonefish Grill and others)
Sally Smith, Buffalo Wild Wings CEO
Julia Stewart, Dine Equity CEO (Applebee's & IHOP)
Peggy Cherng, Panda Express CEO