Search “restaurant” in the App Store, and you’ll be met with more than 18K results.
Mobile apps are just one small piece of the restaurant technology puzzle. Combine the ever-growing, ever-shifting technology landscape with the inevitably busy schedules of restaurant professionals, and it’s easy to understand why many operators are not utilizing the technologies that makes the most sense for their business.
Foodable’s Annual Technology Guide, premiering in late 2015, aims to fill this educational gap and solve this pain point. It will be the first-ever technology guide for the foodservice industry.
What Will the Tech Guide Include?
We’re glad you asked.
The Tech Guide, a comprehensive report for foodservice professionals, will narrow down today’s technology companies and products to the Top 25. The five categories we will focus on are: point-of-sale systems, back-office software, mobile apps and Beacon technology, digital signage, and reservation and social media platforms. We will feature the top five products/companies in each of the five categories above.
How Will Products Be Selected?
To determine fairness over which products and services will be featured, we have enlisted a trusted network of restaurant CEOs and VPs, foodservice consultants, marketing executives, technology directors, and members of the National Restaurant Association to be part of Foodable’s 2015 Technology Advisory Board (see the full list of Board members below). Additionally, there will be a structured scoring system based on 10 category measurements for each product reviewed: integration, design, ease of use, mobile and social integration, ease of deployment, emerging standards, price point, killer app, overall innovation, and social sentiment pulled from the Restaurant Social Media Index (RSMI).
Those chosen to be part of the 2015 Foodable Technology Advisory Board were selected based on their unique aspect of operations, technology, and New Age restaurant management practices. It’s people like this who are driving — and will continue to drive — the future of the restaurant industry forward. This ethos is what companies like Foodable are built upon.
“We pride ourselves on being true innovators,” says Paul Barron, CEO & Executive Producer at Foodable. “So we don’t look to the ‘industry standard,’ which has limited ability to be nimble and innovative in technology use for restaurants. Instead, we seek out the true innovators that are making a difference in technology for foodservice today.”
Meet the Board
- Geoff Alexander | Vice President, Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises
- Paul Barron | CEO & Executive Producer, Foodable Network
- William Bender | Founder, W.H. Bender & Associates
- Jessica Bryant | Managing Editor, Foodable Network
- Andy Duddleston | Managing Partner, The Little Beet
- Linda Duke | CEO, Duke Marketing
- Rob Jakoby | VP of Technology, Firehouse Subs
- Jeremy Morgan | CEO, Tava Indian
- Peter Nolan | Chief Brand Officer, ROTI Modern Mediterranean
- Eric Norman | Vice President, MVP Services Group; Gen2 Design
- Anthony Pigliacampo | Founder, Modmarket
- Sam Stanovich | Director of Product Partner Development & Industry Relations, National Restaurant Association
- Anna Tauzin | Sr. Marketing Manager of Innovation & Entrepreneurial Services, National Restaurant Association
Want Us to Consider Your Tech Service or Product?
If you think you’ve got a killer tech product or service and would like us to consider featuring it in the 2015 Guide, please fill out the submission form here.
Additionally, if selected, the Tech Guide will provide opportunities for custom editorial and/or video content in the form of things like a Q&A with your key executive, product demos, a 5-8 minute custom video package, and more. Make sure to check out all of the details here, and “may the odds be ever in your favor!"