In this episode, we talk with Darren Tristano, a foodservice trend expert and 24-year veteran of Technomic Research and Consulting, where he co-founded Technomic Information Services and continues to provide industry insights and perspectives on restaurant, consumer and menu trends. With a pulse on the industry, we look into what the data is telling us about takeout and catering operations.
- 0:30 - Introductions
- 01:15 - Erle sets the stage
- 02:18 - Understanding the consumer
- 07:08 - "Online ordering is one IT project away from being eliminated"
- 07:46 - Welcome to the show Darren Tristano - let's define off-premise
- 10:26 - Marketing or operations?
- 14:08 - Third party players, how can operators make it work?
- 17:27 - Can't operators opt out and simply say I'm going to get more active in my selling?
- 19:10 - The technology is still new