The 5 Pillars of Successful Restaurant Takeout, Delivery and Catering, authored by Erle Dardick, is the foundation of building a strategic profitable off-premise sector of your business. Centralized service strategies, sales and marketing, smart and effective operations, and strong leadership from the C-suite are paramount when it comes to building a scalable and profitable off-premises business. In this episode of The Takeout, Delivery, and Catering show hosts Erle Dardick and Valerie Killifer discuss actionable steps that can change the way your restaurant handles its off-premise business.
- 0:30 - Introductions.
- 2:00 - This is a fundamental shift for the restaurant industry.
- 2:53 - What is the The 5 Pillars of Successful Restaurant Takeout, Delivery and Catering.
- 05:10 - Pillar 1 - Leadership
- 06:33 - The Off-Premise Leader is the bridge
- 09:19 - Pillar 2 - Centralized Services
- 16:30 - to outsource or not to outsource?
- 21:10 - Pillar 3 Sales and Marketing
- 24:48 - Do coupons work?
- 26:50 - Sonic is going to turn online ordering on its head.
- 32:35 - Pillar 4 - Operations
- 35:32 - We do not have to offer everything that is available in store.
- 37:31 - It’s all connected.
- 40:24 - If you give up your logistics you are giving up your customer.
- 44:19 - Pillar 5 - The Delivery Program
- 48:29 - Want more? The Catering Institute