On this episode of The Barron Report, brought to you by Kabbage, Paul Barron discusses coffee trends with Panther Coffee's co-founder Joel Pollock. The pair also dives into the impact the Miami-based specialty coffee roaster brand has had in South Florida. Be sure to check out the show notes below for more details about the episode!
- 1:31 - Joel Pollock's background
- 8:03 - Trends at the ground level, as seen by Joel Pollock
- 9:52 - Focus on quality at the farm level
- 11:20 - Bean Sourcing in Brazil & Nicaragua
- 12:30 - Bean Sourcing in Uganda
- 13:59 - Bean Sourcing in Haiti
- 15:13 - Coffee roasting technique trends
- 17:00 - Consumer trends
- 19:40 - Data point #1: Coffee Consumption & Millennials from Foodable Labs
- 20:10 - Data point #2: Major Coffee Brands & Consumer Engagement
- 22:27 - Acquisitions of small specialty coffee brands
- 23:52 - Panther Coffee and thoughts on franchising and wholesaling
- 26:00 - Ready-to-drink coffee
- Withdraw what you need, when you need it
- Only pay for what you use
- Apply securely in minutes
- Access a line of credit of up to $250,000 (2)
1. Customers who apply for a Kabbage line of credit using the link in this email and are approved will receive a $50 Tango e-gift card via email 3-4 weeks after qualifying. The Tango card can be redeemed for one gift card toward the customer’s choice of dozens of restaurants, retailers, spas or other experiences. Kabbage reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time. This offer is single-use and non-transferrable. Valid in the US only.
2. Credit lines are subject to periodic review and change, including line reduction, line increases, or line elimination. This is not a revolving account. Individual requests for capital are separate installment loans.