Every year, the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) holds their Gold & Silver Plate awards ceremony; a celebration of some of our industry’s most influential and successful minds. From chain restaurants to retail, to schools, the foodservice industry puts forth its best and brightest with up to 9 professionals receiving a Silver Plate award.
This year’s winners are an inspirational bunch:
- Ken Yant, Gwinnett County Schools for Elementary & Secondary Schools
- Jim McGrody, UNC Rex Healthcare for Health Care
- Dennis Pierce, University of Connecticut for Colleges & Universities
- Susan Terry, Marcus Hotels and Resorts for Hotels and Lodging
- Gene Lee, Darden Restaurants for Chain Full Service
- Voni Woods, Giant Eagle for Retail & Specialty Foodservice
- Michiel Bakker, Google Food for Business & Industry/Foodservice Management
- Paul Brown, Inspire Brands for Chain Limited Service
- Craig Huse, Huse Culinary for Independent Restaurants/Multi-Concept
After a beautiful ceremony gathering past and present winners and their colleagues, the winner of the Gold Plate award was announced. This person is awarded for standing out among the swath of highly-qualified candidates.
This year’s Gold Plate winner was awarded for their commitment to growing their employees and their success in growing their brand in a declining segment using technology and menu innovation.
Foodable congratulates all the Silver Plate Winners. Watch the video above to see who took home the Gold, as well as some great highlights from the event.