Looking to offer classics and craft riffs of classic cocktails? Want to elevate your drink offerings? Looking for inspiration?
Consider these craft cocktail recipes featuring American-made spirits!
In this episode of Foodable’s Smart Kitchen and Bar our resident master mixologist, Oscar Castaneda, will demonstrate how to make two American craft cocktails to help elevate your bar program any time of the year, featuring Hudson Manhattan Rye Whiskey and Knickerbocker Gin.
The first drink is called The Taxi, honoring the Hudson Whiskey distillery dog serving as its mascot and security system. With the first drink Castaneda wanted to present it in Old-Fashioned style, that’s why he uses the same kind of glassware and big square cubes for it. However, thanks to the ingredients used, this cocktail becomes more approachable to someone who’s not necessarily a whiskey drinker.
- 2 to 2 ½ oz. Hudson Manhattan Rye Whiskey (depends on Apple cider ratios)
- ½ to 1 oz. of Apple Cider (depends on brand and potency)
- 1 Teaspoon of Coconut Palm Sugar
- Dash of Angostura bitter
- Orange Slice for Garnish
- Red Apple Slice for Garnish
- Black Cherry for Garnish
- Cinnamon Stick for Garnish
This second drink is called Fancy Pants. The story behind the name falls back on two ingredients, in particular, used to fancy up this drink—Tarragon and Champagne. This cocktail is served on a coupe martini glass.
- 2 ½ oz. Knickerbocker American Gin
- ½ oz. Elderflower Liqueur (Floral syrup will be able to replace this if Elderflower liqueur is not available)
- ½ oz. Lemon Juice or Half lemon squeeze
- Champagne or Bubbles to top off the cocktail (Brut/Dry)
Check out this and other Smart Kitchen and Bar episodes to get more inspiration for your beverage program!