Diets are no longer just about losing weight. Whether it’s Paleo, Keto, Vegetarian, or Vegan, these “diets" have become more of a way of life. So much so that some consumers may veto a food establishment if they don’t offer their “diet-friendly options." In this episode, our host Yareli Quintana speaks to Steve Shultz, CEO of Nektar Juice Bar and Melissa Gallagher, VP of Marketing of Freshii to figure out how diets are influencing current restaurant trends. Yareli, Steve and Melissa discuss hot topics from whether or not diets are here to stay, changing eating habits, to how their brands are working to better educate their consumers and making eating healthy more accessible.
- 8:29 - Is food making us sick?
- 10:15 - Calorie Count Legislation
- 12:18 - Do restaurants have a responsibility to educate consumers?
- 14:12 - New standard American diet?
- 4:11 - Will current diet trends become a fad?
- 4:38 - What are consumers looking for?
- 5:40 - Marketing-lead decisions vs informed-lead decisions
- 7:40 - Change in eating patterns