Tupelo Honey was founded in Asheville in 2001 as a revival of Southern food and traditions rooted in the Carolina Mountains. With 15 total locations in 7 states, Tupelo's Southern spirit is infused into every bite of their flavor driven dishes.
CEO Steve Frabitore bought the restaurant in 2008 and it's been growing ever since.
On this episode, VP of Operations and Beverage Director Tyler Alford; and VP of Culinary and Corporate Executive Chef Eric Gabrynowicz take us through the nitty gritty of what has made Tupelo one of Foodable's Top Emerging Brands.
Tupelo takes great pride in their sourcing. They believe that as a small conglomerate of restaurants, their ability to affect change is far greater than that of smaller, independents. Switching to an organic, locally-grown chicken in their restaurants accounts not for hundreds of dollars in change but hundreds of thousands of dollars.
And their commitment to top quality culinary doesn't stop there. The beverage program at Tupelo Honey also speaks to the brand's commitment to improving the quality of casual dining chains. With kitchens that cook almost entirely from scratch, Chef Gabrynowics says transforming the beverage program to be more culinary-driven was not a far stretch to make.
Listen along with the show notes below to see how your brand can grow to attract more customers!
- 1:19 - Tupelo Honey, Tyler Alford and Eric Gabrynowicz
- 3:03 - Born and Raised in Southern Hospitality
- 6:15 - Scaling Local Sourcing
- Apply securely in minutes
- Access a line of credit of up to $250,000 (2)
- Withdraw what you need, when you need it
- Only pay for what you use
1. Customers who apply for a Kabbage line of credit using the link in this email and are approved will receive a $50 Tango e-gift card via email 3-4 weeks after qualifying. The Tango card can be redeemed for one gift card toward the customer’s choice of dozens of restaurants, retailers, spas or other experiences. Kabbage reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time. This offer is single-use and non-transferrable. Valid in the US only.
2. Credit lines are subject to periodic review and change, including line reduction, line increases, or line elimination. This is not a revolving account. Individual requests for capital are separate installment loans.