Restaurant design is key to your business. Without the right design elements, you could lose out on business. And with the rise and fall of design trends, it's hard to know what to do next. Here are a few helpful ideas and tips to get you started.Read More
This season on "Rock My Restaurant" Foodable Network is bringing you a premium content package of nine in-depth episodes that can be paired with our Rock My Restaurant PRO Workbooks, expert guides, and reports– all available for purchase.
Each episode, co-hosted by veteran foodservice industry consultants Bill Bender and Eric Norman, will help take your operation to the top. That's right — you’ll get access to two highly-acclaimed foodservice consultants, all from the viewing pleasure of your own home, office, or classroom.
“Rock My Restaurant” is the show that helps industry professionals build their restaurant from the ground up.
Episode 3: Property Line to the Consumer
Appearance, accessibility and design are critical to a restaurant’s success. Choosing, designing and maintaining your property can mean the difference between attracting and repelling customers.
On this episode of Rock My Restaurant, Hosts Bill Bender and Eric Norman analyze what you should be doing to ensure your restaurant is catering to your guests and providing them with an enjoyably memorable experience. In order to provide that experience, Eric shares some advice given to him by his FCSI colleague and father, Ed Norman.
“You have to walk in the guest’s shoes and plan everything a guest and team member will experience in the entire facility.”
Some things to consider while planning:
- Restaurant Visibility - Can you see your restaurant from at least 400 feet away?
- Is there ample parking? Is it well lit? Do you have a guest drop off area?
- How accessible is your restaurant? Do you meet all ADA and building codes in your local jurisdiction?
- Landscaping is brandscaping - Landscaping should be a dedicated aspect of your design plan.
- Signage - Be sure to represent your brand and attract customers while still obeying all signage laws.
Watch the full episode for more tips on what to consider when planning your restaurant design for your guests!
Want to purchase the Rock My Restaurant PRO Workbooks and follow along with each episode for a richer experience? You'll get the following assets:
- The Proactive Management Guide
- Top 8 Digital Musts for Your Restaurant
- Ergonomic Impacts on Design
- Millennial Report
- Operating Systems Audit
- and more!