- 1 cup Cumin Spiced Tomato Sauce, (recipe follows)
- 1/3 cup Avocados from Mexico, diced
- 2 each Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Crema, (recipe follows)
- Serve with Baguette slices, grilled
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a small cast iron skillet and pour in cumin spiced tomato sauce.
- Evenly place avocado dices around the sauce.
- Make 2 small indents in the sauce and crack two eggs into the indents.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Let cool slightly and drizzle with avocado crema.
- Serve with slices of grilled baguette.
Cumin Spiced Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Shallots, minced
- ¼ cup Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Cumin, ground
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon, ground
- 2, #10 cans Crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 tablespoon Pepper
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add shallots and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add ground cumin and cinnamon and stir until fragrant.
- Add crushed tomatoes, bring to a boil then down to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, until thick and reduced.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, nonfat
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Avocados from Mexico, pulp
- 1 tablespoon Salt
1. In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients together until well combined.