- 6 ounces butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup bacon lardons, fat reserved from cooking
- 1/2 cup almonds, smoked
- 1/2 cup Idaho® potato chips, chopped roughly
- 1 1/2 pound chocolate, bittersweet, 62 to 70% cacao, melted
- Melt butter in heavy-duty saucepan. Add sugar, water, corn syrup, salt, vanilla and a tablespoon of reserved bacon fat to pan. Cook mixture until sugar reaches amber color. Pour onto a sheet pan lined with foil and reserve until set. Let set.
- Chop toffee, then combine with almonds, chips and bacon in a bowl. Cover mixture with melted chocolate, then pour back onto sheet pan and spread evenly, as thin as possible. Reserve, refrigerated, until firm. Crack into shards.